Friday, March 13, 2009

For the Love Of Ray J number.. um.. last

Claudia's Take:

just making a quick post because I should be asleep or cleaning. I knew I promised I would, and my stuff is everywhere.. I got lazy when I got back from class, and I was so sad without everyone! and I have just sat around half asleep- but I can't seem to sleep.



I just meant to say,

Man, Caviar seems like a such a dumb, manipulative, self-absorbed little thing.. or just plain dumb. I'm not saying you gotta be loud. But this is reality TV, baby, talk for once. With diction. And real people words! with more than two syllables! with full sentences that don't start with I and end with either: "um", "...." (an incoherent mumbling trail off), or "?", the pitch of your otherwise fairly monotone voice going ever so slightly higher.
It's not that I don't do these things. But I'm not on TV... yet.
And I'm not competing for love and affection (or even air time).

Then I looked her candy ass up.

Apparently she was born in the Ukraine and raised in Russia (or vice versa, or one or the other- I had a couple conflicting results). She moved here when she was 12, nine years ago. So I guess I want that to explain it all. Her being quiet, her strange accent (it's not really Russian, or Ukrainian? Well I don't really know a Ukrainian accent, but I know some people- Matt- who can tell me soon), her nick name, her vacant stares, her cluelessness... Her lack of enthusiasm... Her lack of comebacks.. inability to stick up for herself.. or even say anything about herself..

I guess that doesn't really explain all of it!

I want to like her more,
but,
I like her less.

I'm glad she's off because she didn't deserve to be there, but I thought Larry was hilarious! And that's the only thing I really enjoyed about it. The other girls didn't like her because they didn't think she was there for Ray, okay, that's cool, cause you guys are supposed to be competing with each other- and at least Ray might be happy in the end. They didn't like her uninvolved sort of attitude (a couple times I looked at her, I thought: If she weren't pretty, I'd think of her as "slack-jawed"). And if she was just on it to get exposure, okay, maybe, but being exposed for being boring and dull and indecipherable and pissing off Ray J Norwood with your sketchy-as-all-hell "photographer/manager/dude you don't even try to explain", well- I think it might have actually done damage. They say all publicity is good publicity. But what if the publicity makes people -not- want to talk about you? She could never be on, say, I Love Money, as she ain't crazy or skanky or driven or loud or whatever enough... she's just kinda dull and shady at the same time. I wish dull and shady could be blended into a cool portmanteau, like.. "dull-ady" or "shadull" or "sketchboring". Man, it's not even cool enough to make a new word out of!

And that, my friends, is not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment