Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Real World

Hey guys, it's Alex.
From what I can tell, Matt, Jenn, and Claudia don't particularly care about The Real World.
And frankly, I don't either. Not anymore.
I can't listen to Chet one second longer.
The straw that broke my back was last week's HIV Pedro movie thing.
Chet insisting on talking about HIV prevention was hypocritical and useless; see, Chet wouldn't have been smart and talked about abstinence, because the only reason for his abstinence is his religion; not fear of STI's or Pregnancy, but his religion. So... yeah, I can imagine people not trusting him with the information.
Yes, he can still talk about the dangers of smoking though having never had a cigarette. ...but it'll mean a lot more from someone who has smoked.
I, personally, am very against marijuana. Though I try and tell people that many a psychological study show that marijuana use is awful for your brain (yes, far worse than alcohol) few people take me seriously. Why? Because I've never smoked Pot. Sure, I've taken plenty of psych courses, I've almost got my B.A. in psych, and I understand psychopharmacology very well. I've seen what Marijuana use and abuse can do to the human brain in my internship.
But no. What I say doesn't matter, because the second I'm done making my case, all I ever hear is "well have you tried it? You should totally try it."

So no, Chet. No matter how much of a difference we want to make, sometimes we just can't. And you have to deal with that. Let the gay guy and the transsexual talk about the goddamn AIDS, okay? Not everything is GODDAMN ABOUT YOU. HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
You know what? YOU KNOW THE FUCK WHAT!!!!!!!
I hope there's an episode where they talk about Mormonism. FUCKING MORMONISM.
AND I WANT FUCKING SCOTT TO TALK ABOUT MORMONISM. I WANT CHET TO HAVE TO SIT THERE AND WATCH SOMEONE ELSE TALK ABOUT BEING MORMON. AND THEN I WANT BAYA TO TALK ABOUT WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE IN THE MOTHER-FUCKING ARMY. BECAUSE BEING AROUND SOMEONE WHO KNOWS IS EXACTLY LIKE KNOWING.
Sure, Anger Management and Surgery don't have AIDS, but they're in the appropriate community. I also wouldn't let Chet talk about the plight of slavery, I'd leave it to Devyn. I wouldn't ask Ryan to talk about Anorexic Dancers or Models, I'd let Baya or Scott talk about them, respectively. Baya shouldn't be talking about PTSD.
AND CHET DOESN'T GET TO TALK ABOUT GODDAMN HIV.

I get so angry when it comes to Chet. I have to change the channel every time Chet starts talking. So honestly guys... I may have to stop watching The Real World. We may never have another post about it. I just can't take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment