Thursday, June 25, 2009

SYTYCD Week 3 - Performance Night (Round 2)

Alex
Okay, let's wrap this up. I'm feeling incredibly apathetic towards writing this up.

Karla + Jonathon - Dave Scott - Hip-Hop - By My Side (Jadakiss feat. Ne-Yo)
Jonathon was awful, Karla was great. The judges were too hard on Karla, not hard enough on Jonathon.

Asuka + Vitolio - Jazz - Mandy Moore - Heartbreaker (Pat Benetar)
Not a bad routine... but there were parts where moves should have been choreographed and they just weren't. All in all, Mandy didn't put enough into the performance.

Melissa + Ade - Rumba - Tony Meredith - Emotions (Destiny's Child)
This actually wasn't a terrible routine, but this show does some pretty mean Rumbas. They're very strong and I liked this, but there's nothing terribly special about this routine.

Janette + Brandon - Hip Hop - Dave Scott - What a World (Common)
This would have been a lot better had there been better filming. The camera was kinda far away and never moved. They had the right attitude though.

Kayla + Kupono - Viennese Waltz - Jean Marc Genereux - Sweet Dreams for You (Jewel)
Thought this wasn't bad, Kupono could have cleaned some sections up.

Randi + Evan - Contemporary - Mia Micheals - Koop Island Blues (Koop)
This... wasn't anything exciting. Well executed, but a little boring... not unlike the other dances this season.

Caitlin + Jason - Paso Doble - Jean-Marc Genereaux - O'Fortuna
Isn't this song tired out yet? It's like whenever you need a strong powerful battle song, this is what's used. This wasn't a bad routine, but it really showed off Caitlin's incredible lack of partnering skills. I can't wait to see Jason with anyone else.

Jeanine + Phillip - Broadway - Tyce Diorio - Moses (Singing in the Rain)
This was actually my favorite routine of the night. I was pleasantly surprised, I thought Phillip actually really took to his character, and Jeanine looked like Dreamine, if you catch my drift. Tyce actually choreographed my favorite routine of the night. Tyce. I'm too disappointed with this season.

Bottom 3 Predictions:
Karla + Jonathon
Caitlin + Jason
Asuka + Vitolio

Going Home Predictions:
Jonathon
Caitlin

Okay, maybe these are less predictions and more just what I want to see happen, but hey I guess we'll see tonight, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment